Should I visit the property before buying?
- Only you can make that decision. Most of our buyers purchase property from us without visiting the property first. We recommend that you perform your own research before buying. You should also check with the county on the zoning and approved uses of the property. The county Planning and Zoning Department will also be able to tell you about the current and future development plans for the area. While we will do our best to tell you everything we know about each property, nothing replaces the value of doing your own research and due diligence.
Who owns the properties being sold on the LandNationUSA.com website?
- All properties sold through this website are fully owned (FREE AND CLEAR) by Terra Firma Land Company LLC, Landvest LLC or US Invest LLC (unless otherwise indicated within a property listing). It must be specifically noted that LandNationUSA.com is not a real estate brokerage firm, but only a marketplace and brand name through which these properties are being sold by the Seller directly to the Buyer as a “For Sale by Owner” transaction.
If I end up buying a property, how fast do I need to pay the total amount due?
- Once you have confirmed that the property you are interested in purchasing is still available, you should submit the Down payment or doc fees to us as soon as possible so that we can hold the property for you. From there we will send you the purchase documents and once those are signed and returned to us we will open escrow with our local escrow company. The remaining funds due will be paid at the close of escrow, which is normally within 2 days to 2 weeks of opening escrow.
Who do I contact if I have questions about the sale process or about a specific property?
- If your questions cannot be answered through our TERMS or FAQs pages or through the property details found on each property listing, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1(888) 651-7891 and we will be happy to help you.
How do I find the property when doing my research?
- Here are some helpful hints on how to locate the properties listed for sale on LandNationUSA.com. For each property listed we have done our best to provide you with tools to help you determine the approximate geographical location. Each property listing has a link to http://maps.google.com so that you can see the street, satellite and terrain views. And, once you click “View Larger Map” beneath the map you can click “Get Directions” and find directions to the property from your own location. Furthermore, this map also lists the latitude / longitude parameters in case you have a GPS system available. A county assessor’s parcel map is also provided for each property.
- Here are 2 scenarios to help locate a property:
1. The property has a street address
If this is the case finding the property is very simple. Go to http://maps.google.com or http://mapquest.com and enter the street name and the city/town name. If available, enter the zip code and the approximate property location will appear. You will be able to zoom in or out as you wish until you can clearly tell where the property is located relative to its surroundings. Once you identify the approximate location of the property you can then compare the detailed view of the property location with the plat map that is available for each property.
2. The property is in an area with no street signs
In this case, we recommend that you print out the detailed map that is available through each property listing or use a good topographical mapping software. If possible, we also strongly recommend the use of a GPS (Global Positioning System) to help you find the property location. Basic handheld GPS systems can be purchased inexpensively at any major electronics store. GPS devices can often be connected to a laptop or handheld device that runs any of the major mapping software and you will have a fully functioning multi-color interactive GPS system. In such a system, you can enter the Latitude/Longitude measurements provided by us for each property and it should be very easy to find the exact property location. This combination is useful for very large properties that are not located in a subdivision because the plat maps do not really show much of the surroundings and it would be easy to miss the property otherwise.
How do I understand the Parcel number system?
- Most counties in most states have a very explicit numbering system to identify an individual parcel and its location within the county. Those numbers in many cases also serve as identifiers for property tax collection purposes. The Assessor Parcel Number (also called APN) is the single most important identifier of a property. It consists of three sets of numbers, generally in this format: XXXX-XXX-XX. The three parts of each parcel number represent the Assessor’s Book, the Page, and the Parcel.
- For example, parcel number 0339-232-74 means that this property is mapped in the Assessor’s Book number 0339, on Page 23 (first two digits of second set of numbers), in section 232 (as indicated by an oval around 232 on the map), and it is parcel 74 on that page (as indicated by a small circle around 74). So, in order to find a property on a parcel map, just look for the last set of numbers on the parcel number within the proper section and find it on the parcel map we have attached to each property listing. For your convenience we have identified the parcel to be sold on each parcel map.
How does LandNationUSA.com acquire properties?
- We primarily purchase properties from private parties, and all are owned by Grant Deeds or Warranty Deeds. Once purchased, it is our goal to pass these lots along to you through our website at great terms. Basically we acquire quality properties and in turn offer them through this website at bargain prices to the ultimate property owner–YOU.
Are the mineral rights guaranteed for the properties?
- We make no guarantees concerning mineral rights or the lack thereof. If we are aware of the lack of mineral rights, disclosure will be made in the disclosure documents for each property. However, Buyers should do their own research to find out if the property has mineral rights or the lack thereof.
What GUARANTEES do you offer?
- We guarantee that the property is free and clear of any governmental or private liens or encumbrances other than recurring assessments or bonds. Basically we guarantee that at the point of ownership transfer from us to you, the property is free and clear and has marketable title.
What kind of documents do I need to purchase a property?
- It’s a very simple and straight forward process to purchase land from us. To get the process started all Buyers will complete an Identity Statement form and provide us with a valid form of state identification.
- We will then prepare the purchase agreement/disclosures/loan documents and coordinate your signatures through the mail.
- Our Purchase Process page provides additional information.
Can I step back from the sale after I go through the purchase process?
- We are committed to following all statutory rules and laws of the state the property is located in. This means that for some properties there might be a right of rescission period of a few days (varies by state regulations). Please make sure you do your research and due diligence before you proceed to purchase one of the properties.
What fees are there in addition to the purchase price?
- Typical closing costs include an escrow fee, title insurance, and prorated property taxes. The Buyer and Seller will split escrow fees and the Buyer is responsible to pay for title insurance (if so desired). Property taxes will be prorated such that the Seller is responsible for property taxes up until the date escrow closes. We can give you a ballpark figure of the closing costs; however, the escrow company is responsible to provide us with this information.
- For owner-financed properties, a monthly loan servicing fee of $15.00 will be included in your monthly payment to cover the cost of maintaining the loan account by the loan-servicing agency.
What form of payment do you accept if I pay for the property in full?
- Since all property transactions are closed through a reputable escrow agency, escrow requires that funds be paid at close of escrow with a cashier’s check or through a wire transfer from your bank to their’s. Since we collect 3% of the purchase price to hold the property, the amount due at close of escrow will be reduced by this amount.
Can I make a larger down payment for an owner-financed purchase?
- Yes, giving a larger down payment amount is absolutely fine. Obviously this will reduce the amount of your monthly payment amount so just let us know what down payment you would like to make and we will prepare the loan documents accordingly. Our goal is to make payments affordable to fit your budget so we are happy to work with you (our minimum monthly payment is $60.00). You can also make additional monthly payments without any form of pre-payment penalty or fee.
Do I need to qualify for financing or how does this work?
- No qualifying is necessary to receive a loan from us. Our mission is to make property ownership affordable for as many people as possible, therefore, no formal qualifications are required. It is very simple… you want to buy a piece of land and we want to sell it to you. That’s it. We do however perform a check against a database in order to see if you have an IRS lien against you. This would be the ONLY disqualifying reason for the simple reason that IRS liens attach themselves to the property like glue. Other than that we do not look at your credit at all and even bankruptcies are fine.
How long can I finance the property?
- The length of the loan (time to pay-off) depends on the purchase amount. The following are general guidelines; however, our goal is to find a payment that’s affordable for you to ensure that we receive on time payments:
If the purchase price is:
$1 – $1,000 Must be paid in full at time of purchase
$1,001 – $4,999 Can be financed for up to 3 years (= 36 months)
$5,000 – $9,999 Can be financed for up to 5 years (= 60 months)
$10,000 – $19,999 Can be financed for up to 8 years (= 96 months)
$20,000 – $29,999 Can be financed for up to 10 years (= 120 months)
$30,000 – $39,999 Can be financed for up to 12 years (= 144 months)
$40,000 – $59,999 Can be financed for up to 14 years (= 168 months)
$60,000 + Can be financed for up to 15 years (= 180 months)
Can I buy more than one property?
- Yes, you may buy multiple properties; however we reserve the right to restrict any buyer from entering into too many loan agreements. The individual limit varies.
Is there any penalty for paying off a property early?
- No. You can pay off your property at any time with no pre-payment penalty whatsoever. Just call our loan servicing company and they will let you know your pay-off amount.
What kind of contract will I be signing when purchasing land through LandNationUSA.com?
- When purchasing land from us we will both sign a standard Purchase Agreement for vacant land which lays out the terms of the transaction including the sale price and deposit amount, and other details common in such a document.
- And, in the case of a owner-financed purchase, you will sign a Note that contains the terms of the loan including the monthly payment and interest rate, etc, as well as a Deed of Trust that secures the Seller’s interest in the property until the loan is paid off.